For those who would like to take their time, why not wander round our regenerated city centres in Vieux Lille, Roubaix and Tourcoing? And don’t forget to cross the border and visit Mouscron, Tournai and Courtrai. No evening is complete without a wander through Lille, stopping off at some of the Lille Metropole area’s restaurants and theme bars.
If you look for a cultural or sporting association or a particular charity, you can collect a list of associations in Lille, Roubaix or Tourcoing at the Associations Centres of these cities or check the list of associations online:
- The Lille Associations Centre: www.lille.fr/Nos-equipements/La-maison-des-associations
- The Roubaix Associations Centre: www.mdaroubaix.org
- The Tourcoing Associations Centre: www.mda-tourcoing.fr
Ask your local town hall for details about associations in other areas.
Where to shop ? to eat ?
Markets, shopping centres, factory outlets, flea markets, cross-border shopping, you can find all the stores you need in the Lille Metropole area. And after, to fill your stomach, you can follow up the recommendations of "Le Chti", a free guide listing all the restaurants in the Lille Metropole area.
More information in "a newcomer's guide to Lille".
Lille has two districts that come alive at night: the Old Town (Vieux-Lille), with its theme bars and intimate ambiance, and Masséna and Solférino streets that form the area known as “Les Halles”, where most students tend to head in order to lap up the festive atmosphere offered by a host of venues.
For more information visit the following websites:
Services to individuals
Services to individuals are divided into 3 different categories:
- family services: childcare, educational support, nursing care, etc.
- everyday services: housework, ironing, meal preparation and delivery services, gardening, DIY, caretaking services, temporary maintenance and house-minding for main and second residences, etc.
- service for dependent persons: assistance for the elderly and disabled, mobility and transport assistance, etc.
More information: www.servicesalapersonne.gouv.fr (go to « annuaire » for a list of organisations providing a range of services depending on your particular needs and place of residence).
Sorting your waste
Lille Metropole is in charge of household waste collecting and treatment. With its overall household waste management plan, Lille Metropole took this commitment in 1992 in a sustainable development approach. It was a pioneer then and it is still a reference today.
Lille Metropole organises collection and entrusts a private company with the collection of household waste thanks to a public tender (currently with ESTERRA) .
More information at :